Brighton Council is situated in the Northern Suburbs of greater Hobart, bordering the beautiful river Derwent to the east and the Meehan Range to its west. The Council has a mixed rating base of urban residential properties, rural and semi-rural as well as a vibrant industrial area. It is one of the fastest growth areas in Tasmania.
Well known for its entrepreneurial achievements, Brighton Council is a leader in the provision of professional and shared services to other Councils across Australia and also internationally.
Dated technology, increased growth and associated responsibilities led to Brighton Council’s search for a new council specific solution to manage their business processes. They wanted a leading edge system that would easily grow with the council’s expansion and changes as required for the future.
IT support for business software has always proved difficult within Local Government. With this in mind, Brighton Council were looking for a reliable vendor that had highly certified resource capability and exceptional support and services history.
Brighton undertook a robust review of most solutions available to Local Government. Their technical preference was for a system that could provide a seamless link into the suite of Microsoft products.
Cost and ROI was important for upfront and ongoing yearly cost commitment. Brighton Council has maintained a long term commitment to its constituents to keep rates in line with CPI, so efficiency and value for money is a high priority.
With one, easy to use integrated system that works seamlessly with Microsoft applications, CouncilFirst provides operational efficiencies in all business process areas, including Financial Management, Payroll & HR, Property & Rating, Procurement, Community Engagement, Projects and Job Costing.
- The unified, comprehensive system has delivered significant time, effort and cost savings across the business.
- Greater visibility provides accurate, up-to-date information at all times.
- Better reporting, with reports easily created utilising familiar Microsoft tools built within the solution.
- Improved customer services with ease of management of community requests.
- An intuitive interface that is easier to use has resulted in reduced training times and increased staff satisfaction.
- Full support and reliable service has built trust and confidence and a long-term positive relationship.
“Unlike its competitors, CouncilFirst is very powerful yet intuitive and easy to use, thanks to its familiar Microsoft platform and specific local government design functionality.”
Gregory Davoren, Deputy General Manager, Brighton Council
Download the Brighton Council case study
Back to Case Studies